OSHA - 10 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Program
This course is designed for construction workers, foremen, job supervisors, and anyone involved in the construction industry. OSHA recommends Outreach Training Program courses as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1926. Workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on the specific hazards of the job. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA construction safety and health 10-hour course completion card from the Department of Labor. Note: This online course has been reviewed and accepted by OSHA for online distribution.
- State the purpose of the OSH Act and list the functions of OSHA
- List the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees ender the OSHA Act
- The basic requirements for proper aisle and passageway maintenance
- Guidelines for identification and protection of floor opening
- To understand the importance of effective egress fire protection program
- Introduction to OSHA
- General Safety & Health Provisions
- Fall Protection
- Personal Protective & Lifesaving Equipment
- Materials Handling, Storage, Use & Disposal
- Hand & Power Tools
- Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators & Conveyors
- Stairways & Ladders
- Fire Protection
This course has been approved for 10 hours of seat time.
At the end of each module, you will be given a 20 question module quiz. You must score at least 70% on each module quiz to move forward in the course. You will be given up to three opportunities to pass each module quiz. Failure to successfully pass the quiz will result in you not being able to take the course for a six- month period. Once you have successfully completed all of the modules, you must pass a final exam to recieve full credit for the course. The exam is 25 questions long and will test your knowledge on information covered throughout the course. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course. You will be given up to three opportunities to pass the final exam; if you do not pass it after three tries, you will be locked out of this course and you will be required to purchase it agian if you wish to complete it.