The Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) provides information to workers and employers about various chemical hazards that exist in the workplace, and what protective measures they can take in order to prevent the adverse effects of such hazards.
This course gives you a basic understanding of how to deal with hazardous chemicals and how workers can prevent and protect themselves from fatal chemical hazards.
- Understand the purpose of Hazard Communication Standards (HCS)
- Learn about labels and MSDSs
- Recognize physical and health hazards associated with hazardous chemicals
- Recognize symbols used to identify hazards
- Explore how to prepare and implement a written hazard communication program
- Study training and its importance
- The Hazard Communication Standard
- Hazardous Materials
- Important Definitions
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- Controlling Physical and Health Hazards
- Hazard Communication Program
Please see the state/regulatory requirement from the course catalog page.
This course has been approved for 1 hour.
Quizzes - All quizzes must be passed with a 100% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
Final Exam- Final Exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.